- Parse "^ORA-NNNNN" errors and send emails depending on the severity of the error (this will be enhanced as other DBAs contribute with more and more errors).
- If the errors are on the errors list the alert will provide more information (example: if potential bug then sends a reference to the proper metalink notes).
- Errors can be costomized accordingly to db version.
- Only uses korn shell and basic commands like df, compress, tail, cat, echo, etc., so it should be very portable between *nix platforms, as well as Windows using Cygwin.
- Automatic alert.log truncation
- Sends first and second parameters in ORA-00600 and ORA-07445 internal errors.
Sunday, February 13, 2005
This is the list of features that currently OraAlertCheck supports: